For information on candidate petitions for Federal or Statewide offices, please contact:
New Jersey Division of Elections
PO Box 304 Trenton, NJ 08625-0304
225 West State Street, 5th Floor
Tel: (609) 292-3760
Fax: (609) 777-1280
Petitions and Ballot Position forms for Countywide and Local offices can be obtained at the County Clerk's office Election Division, at your local Municipal Clerk's office, or by clicking on the links below. Please call us at (201) 336-7020 for more information and to determine how many signatures will be required on your petition.
As our office remains closed to the public, Petitions for County Level, Independent and November School Board of Education may be dropped off by appointment or electronically submitted. Please call (201)336-7020 to make an appointment to drop off petitions or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Contact your Municipal Clerk for information on how to submit Local Level and County Committee Petitions for the Primary.
- County Level Petition for Primary
- County Level Independent Petition for General
- Local Level Petition for Primary
- Local Level Signatures Required for Primary
- Local Level Democratic Position on Ballot Form
- Local Level Republican Position on Ballot Form
- Local Level Independent Petition for General
- Independent Signatures Required for General
- County Committee Petition for Primary
- County Committee Signatures Required for Primary
- Democratic County Committee Position on Ballot Form
- Republican County Committee Position on Ballot Form
- Board of Education Petition for November General
Effective immediately as a measure to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, candidates can now obtain signatures electronically on a nominating petition. Please be advised that they are only supplemental signature pages. A candidate/designee will still need to complete all of the required pages in the Petition (i.e. Certificate of Acceptance, etc.) All of the statutory requirements will remain the same. The Electronic Signature Pages for 2021 Elections will be published by the State on www.state.nj.us/state/elections/candidate-information.shtml . Once those become available, our office will attach them below for your convenience.
Please contact your Municipal Clerk or the County Clerk’s Elections Division at 201-336-7020 or email@example.com for any questions.