Articles of Incorporation
Fairview was formed on December 19, 1894, from portions of Ridgefield Township, based on the results of a referendum held the previous day. The borough was formed during the "Boroughitis" phenomenon then sweeping through Bergen County, in which 26 boroughs were formed in the county in 1894 alone. The borough is named for its view of the Hackensack River valley.
In 1933 the Fairview Firemen's Relief Association was formed by the citizens of the village of Fairview. The organization was formed after the introduction of hydrants in the village. At the time, there was only a need for one piece of fire apparatus in the village. So, the citizens built one out of a 1934 Chevy truck.
The first fire station was in a little red barn which still stands on Pfeffer Drive also known as "pig alley" in the heart of the village. After the village started to become more populated, the station moved into what is now the Fairview Senior Center on Ridge Road. After the move into the new station, the department grew from one vehicle to five. In the late 1980's, Fairview Fire Department then bought a house on Ridge Road and built a five truck bay barn onto it. This is now our main station. We currently house one engine company, one State Accredited rescue company, BLS ambulance, water tender, and brush truck / traffic control unit.
Certificate of Exemption for William Geyer July 17, 1911.
Grand View Hook and Ladder Co. Fire Roster January 7, 1901.
Grand View Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 Fire Roster May 22, 1907.