English   Español   한국어


Veteran's Honorary Service Cards

To obtain a Veteran's Honorary Service card, Veterans must fill out an application, and present a copy of their Separation Papers from Active Duty (DD-214 Form) or the WSAGO 53-55, NAVPERS 553 or NAVMC 790, along with valid photo identification. Veterans can also verify with our office if their service records are already on file with the county. There is no charge for filing military service records or for the issuance of the card.

Military Discharges

Copies of Honorable Discharges form DD-214 that have been filed with the Bergen County Clerk are available upon request to Veterans of their immediate family.

Veterans Peddler License

Veterans who are residents of Bergen County may apply for a Veterans Peddler License. There is no fee, but you need a copy of your DD-214.

A Veteran Peddlers License is issued by the County Clerk's office in the county where the Veteran currently resides. The license allows the holder to hawk or sell goods or merchandise within the State of New Jersey without the need to apply for any additional peddler’s license. The requirements are as follows:

  • Applicant must bring in his or her Military Separation Papers (DD-214)
  • A copy of the discharge papers will be sent to Trenton for verification of service
  • After Military service is verified (usually within 3-4 weeks), the applicant will receive a call from the County Clerk's office to come in to pick up the license
  • Two (2) duplicate 2" x 2" photos of the veteran are needed. You may bring your own photos, if you have them, or have them taken – free of charge – at the County Clerk's office
  • There is no charge for this service
© 2012 Bergen County Clerk · All Rights Reserved Site Designed, Developed and Maintained by AlphaDog