Articles of Incorporation
What is now Emerson was originally formed on April 8, 1903, from portions of Washington Township as the Borough of Etna, the name of a railroad station in the community. The name was changed to Emerson as of March 9, 1909. The name came from author Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Resolution changing the Borough of Etna to the Borough of Smerson - 1909