Articles of Incorporation
Fort Lee was formed by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 29, 1904, from the remaining portions of Ridgefield Township. With the creation of Fort Lee, Ridgefield Township became defunct and was dissolved as of March 29, 1904.
Map 2 of the Village of Taylorville. Filed May 23, 1853.
Map of Pond Park situated at Fort Lee Village. File April 1, 1864.
The Fort Lee Fire Department is a volunteer department that was established in 1888. The FLFD provides fire protection to over 30,000 people and responds to an average of over 1,700 incidents per year. The Department is comprised of four fire companies located in different sections of town. Engine #1 is located on the east end of Main Street, Engine/Rescue #2 is on Lemoine Avenue in the Coytesville section, Ladder Company #3 is located on the west end of Main Street, and Engine Company #4 is on Brinkerhoff Avenue in the Palisades section.
Letter Confirming Jacob Bach was a member of the Fort Lee Fire Co from October 7, 1903 to January 5, 1923.
Exempt Fire Fighter Certificate for Joseph Darrell 1919
Exempt Fire Fighter Certificate for Patrick Burke 1915
List of Active Members of Protective Hose Company #4
Association of Exempt Fire Fighters List - February 19, 1913